I’m always amazed at how you can never stop learning!
I had a meeting with one of my clients recently – an informal chat over a cup of tea. I couldn’t help but notice the two massive 27 inch monitors fixed on his desk, creating a plastic wall of plasma between us.
My client told me that he had attended a ‘forward thinking’ course aimed at increasing productivity. One of th e tips he gleaned from the course was to attach two monitors to your pc. My client said it had worked wonders for him, so I tried it myself upon my return to the office!
WOW – what a difference it has made to my working day! It means that
- I can access information more quickly
- work on more than one project at a time
- share data between applications easily by dragging from one monitor to the next
- maintain my accessibility by keeping emails on one screen and the project I’m currently working on the other.
The advantages of dual monitors outweigh their disadvantages;
- Yes – they take up more room on my desk – but having said that it’s meant that I’ve cleaned away a lot of junk that was covering my desk in the first place
- Yes – there’s a cost involved, but monitors are relatively inexpensive these days – in fact, I used an old one that we had lying around in the storeroom!
Do yourself a favour – try working with 2 monitors.
Once I tried, I was converted – so much so that after a few weeks of using 2, I purchased another. Now 3 monitors grace my desk!!!
I can’t think of a time when I’ll go back to using just one.
To receive our monthly newsletter click here to join our mailing list.
Haywards provides helps for small businesses on a wide range of subjects – contact us for more details.